Friday, March 21, 2014

Birthday Blooper

 
I would like to share a layout I made celebrating my son's Birthday.  Every year he asks me to make a themed cake for his birthday.  Apparently he had asked me to make a "Toronto Raptors" cake, but I heard "Toronto Maple Leafs".  While making it, I couldn't help but wonder why he asked for this, as he is not a fan....much to my surprise I found out I got the request wrong!
 
 
Here's my layout:
 
 
 
I used the sketch from Two Scrapbook Friends "Sketch & Crafty Challenge" and here is the sketch...the crafty part was to use at least one "natural" material on the layout, I used wood arrows and a cork tag.
 

 
 



I am also submitting this to:  Scrapmuch Colour Challenge

 
 


7 comments:

  1. Cute story Mary and a great page to match. Thanks for joining in with this month challenge over at Two Scrapbook Friends.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a funny memory! Thanks for playing along

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol great story, but the cake is really great regardless, thanks for linking up with ScrapMuch?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great Job Mary.....and welcome to the blogging world!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fantastic page. I love how you documented the story with a collection of photos. The colours are fabulous!! Thanks for sharing with us at ScrapMuch?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like your take on this sketch and the colour combo! I like how you angled the photos! Awesome! Thanks for playing along with us at Stuck!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the flow of this and the little details. Great use with the colour combo and that sketch. Thanks for joining in our ScrapMuch? challenges! So glad to have you in blog land!!!!

    ReplyDelete